Tuesday, June 12, 2012

NEW FF - The Curse Breaker's Trails CH 1


(1)
Bill takes his seat at the family dinner table releasing a heavy sigh as he reaches for the pitcher of ice tea.

Arthur noticing his oldest child’s tense shoulders asks with his calm quiet manner, “Everything alright at Gringotts Bill?”

Trying to decide how best to vent his frustrations without blowing things totally out of proportion Bill starts, “Gringotts is good Dad; they’ve just put me in a spot.”

Concerned because Goblin’s were hard enough to figure out without deals and ultimatums, Arthur enquires softly “What kind of spot Bill?”

Charlie and the Twins listen in as their oldest brother and father talk as Ron shovels food into his gaping mawl like there was a food shortage and he was soon to run out. Ginny their sister had opted to miss supper this night pouting in her room because her current boyfriend wasn’t able to spend every day of the summer with her.

Bill continues, “Ripthorn called me into a meeting today with the managers of the Curse Breaking and Warding section, they want to make me a team leader the only problem with that is that it requires I have or have already had an apprentice.”

Eyes wide at the honor the Goblin’s had paid his son, “They want you to be a manager Bill?  At Gringotts?!”

Bill nods, “Only problem is I have to take on an apprentice.”

Charlie interrupts, “You’re more than qualified Bill to have an apprentice, so what’s the problem?”

“They have someone in mind already for the position of apprentice,” he replies with a frown.

His father curiously enquires, “Is it a Goblin Bill? Are they qualified? What seems to be the problem?”

Shaking his head he answers, “No Dad not a Goblin and although they’re giving me some choices on who the apprentice will be the one they’d really like me to take well, she’s very qualified maybe even over qualified. Goblin’s are insisting on the Traditional forms and contracts and she’s anything but homely.”

His brother Charlie inputs with a wry grin, “So you think you’d stray from your Veela girlfriend?

Arthur calmly inquires, “Are you and Fleur having troubles Bill?”

“Trouble…,” Running his hands roughly through his hair voice just this side of frustrated, “Dad she’s always using her allure; it’s either deliberate or she loses control then after she get what she wanted it’s Oh I’m so sorry Beel.  It’s getting so I really hate those words and that accent. Then to top it off when she found out to get the promotion I had to take on an apprentice she practically demanded I pass on it because it’d take time away from her. I have no idea what inspired the Goblin’s to consider me for this now but there is no way in hell I’m passing on it.

Charlie frowning, “She’s using her allure; Bill I know you care about her but you need to report her for that. It’s completely against the Veela Conventions and if she should use it on the wrong person they could ask for her to be destroyed. They aren’t even allowed to leave the Veela Enclave till they have complete control of it because it’s so similar to the imperious.”


Bill sighs heavily, “I guess I just wanted to keep thinking all the slips were accidents, even when I know they couldn’t be. Ron even talked about during the tournament when she’d pass she’d leave most of the boys panting behind her in a daze. I’ll take care of it Charlie don’t worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment